SAFETY ALERT: COMPUTER USE CAN BE MONITORED AND IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETELY CLEAR. IF YOU ARE IN DANGER, PLEASE USE A SAFER COMPUTER, CALL YOUR LOCAL HOTLINE AND/OR CALL THE NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE (800) 799-SAFE (7233). IF YOU ARE AT A SAFER COMPUTER, CLICK HERE TO READ MORE. THERE IS ALWAYS A COMPUTER TRAIL, BUT YOU CAN LEAVE THIS SITE QUICKLY IF YOU CLICK ESCAPE.
Sexual Assault Program Coordinator
Salary Range: $33,000-$44,000 + benefits
Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt
Applications due: October 8, 2013
• Manage statewide sexual assault program.
• Provide sexual assault training and technical assistance to advocates employed at crisis centers and community partners.
• Serve as the sex offender containment team advocacy coordinator. Includes acting as a liaison with the Department of Human Services and local crisis center advocates serving on the teams.
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to local communities in the development of sexual assault response teams (SART).
• Provide consultation to the PR and Communications staff to develop public education resources and materials related to sexual assault.
• Collaborate with Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) network.
B.A. or B.S degree and at least two years of experience in sexual assault or related social justice or social service related field.
Experience in training curriculum development, training adults and group facilitation.
Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage several projects at once.
Demonstrated understanding of sexual assault and related issues including service delivery for victims.
Excellent communication skills.
Self- motivated; able to work independently
Flexibility to do some traveling in state and occasionally out of state.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume by October 8, 2013 to:
CAWS North Dakota
525 N. 4th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501
701 or 888-255-6240
Click here for a PDF version of the Sexual Assault Program Coordinator job description.